At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne FL.
- Good writing and oral communication skills.
- Support the Systems Engineering Process analysis at all levels of the product life cycle to include but not limited to: concept requirements definition, modeling & functional analysis, design, fabrication development, system test integration, installation verification and validation, operation, maintenance supportability sustainment, and disposal.
- General frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Support providing solutions to a variety of moderately technical problems (multitasking will be expected) of increasing scope and complexity as assigned.
- Support requirements management and allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Support the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions.
- Support timeline analysis and trade studies.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative/team environment across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university with 2 years of engineering experience (favored experience associated with systems engineering) OR Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- Active DoD Secret security clearance (investigation updated within last 5 years)
- Ability to obtain additional Special Access Program (SAP) clearance before establishing a start date (contingency)
- Military Aircraft DoD programs experience.
- Experience in requirements management (i.e. analysis, traceability, ability to write requirements verification statements).
- Understanding of common Systems Engineering processes and procedures.
- Experience with MS office suite (For instance, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, etc.).
- Knowledge of the IBM Rational Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS).
- Knowledge of IBM Rhapsody.
- Model Based Systems Engineering academic or work-related experience.
- System Design behavior analysis academic or work-related experience.
Back to top