Systems Engineer 5 - EOIR/RF
Northrop Grumman, Rolling Meadows Il is looking for a senior level systems engineer.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for developing and verifying signal and image collection systems, and defining and developing processing and dissemination computer algorithms. Will also develop requirements analysis, system architecture, and integrates new signal and image processing technology systems. Designs, develops and analyzes systems for the extraction of information from signal and image sensors. Builds models of systems using model driven engineering principles. Systems utilization includes detection and estimation theories, speech processing, and neural networks; electromagnetic and acoustic effects on signals; and/or implementation of signal processing with advanced computer architectures. The Systems Engineer will need to have experience managing multi disciplined engineering and manufacturing teams through design, assembly, integration and test of highly complex technical systems. Skilled at ether Infrared (IR or Radio frequency (RF) engineering and design for active and passive electronically scanned systems. Familiar with procurement process, sub contract management, manufacturing process for many technologies including RF manifolds, printed circuit boards, TR modules and various integrated microwave assemblies, mechanical structures and
custom test equipment. Comfortable and confident presenting to internal and external customers. Excellent organizational skills and able to lead a detail oriented team while keeping the high level program goals as a priority.
BS degree in electrical or system engineering with at least 14 years of related experience required.
- Prior experience negotiating with customers to convert customer needs into testable system requirements.
- Expertise in digital signal processing algorithms used to build state-of-the-art high sensitivity, wideband, real-time processing digital receivers.
- Experience performing optimum system function allocation to hardware and software requirements.
- Demonstrated success in developing test plans that prove the system satisfies requirements and the ability to quickly capture and process data in tools like MATLAB for debugging and specification verification.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and ability to work in an integrated product team environment.
- U.S. citizen and ability to obtain Secret security clearance
MS in electrical engineering
- Experience implementing digital signal processing algorithms in FPGAs and ASICs through the use of tools such as VHDL, ModelSim, Xilinix ISE.
- Prior experience designing hardware, firmware, and programming software to best allocate functions for each product
- Ability to monitor hardware and software design teams with critical insight to know when the teams are not on path to successful implementation and then be able help steer the team to a successful solution
- Experience in architecting Electronic Warfare RF systems with real-time digital signal processing.
- Current Top Secret security clearance and SAR accesses with polygraph
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top