Systems Engineer 5
Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) is an operating unit within the Communications business unit of the Airborne C4ISR Systems division of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems. ATN is located in the Rancho Carmel facility in San Diego, California.
We deliver complex equipment to enable modern battlefields and support aviation missions. Our focus is on the world of avionics, radio and electronic warfare product applications to enable networked communications.
As part of the corporation's business focus area on Communications, we are the "equipment providers." Our team of communication systems experts is developing next-generation ground radios for land forces, and our Electronic Warfare subject matter experts are creating the next generation of Improvised Explosive Device (IED) countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm's way.
This Systems Engineer (SE) is a leader in program execution, customer interaction, and program definition.
The SE can contribute and lead a team in performing: technical planning; system design and analysis; cost and risk assessment; requirements development; allocation and communication of system requirements to hardware, software, and integration & test; and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
The SE team ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
The SE performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Engineering Experience: 14 Years with Bachelors in Science; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD.
- US citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance as needed.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with deriving hardware and software requirements, design, development and testing of system integrations.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project).
- Understanding of DOORS.
- Experience with Data Link communications and networks
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within groups.
- Current Secret security clearance and capable of successfully passing Extensive Background Investigation (EBI) for
higher level clearances.
- Knowledge of RF/Digital circuitry
- Proficiency with test equipment (e.g. signal generators, scopes, analyzers, power meters).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Back to top