Systems Engineer 5
Mission Systems Engineering Manufacturing and Sciences (EM&S) Systems Engineering Integration &Test (SEIT) organization in San Diego has an opening for a High-level Test Engineer 5. The selected candidate will perform system integration, verification, validation, and supportability for total systems. Performs functional analysis to translate customer requirements into hardware and software test plans, and test procedures. Works both individually and in a team environment.
Tasks will include coordination and execution of System Integration Lab (SIL) activities to ensure ground/aircraft communications test readiness to include issuance and closure of documentation relating to payload RF networked communications, integration and test. Position requires collaborating with other Test Team personnel on lab/ground/flight test plans and procedures, test cards, coordinating and staging of support equipment, and adhering to test schedules. Coordination and communication of issues and status with Test Operations, maintenance, logistics, mission assurance, pilots and Responsible Engineers is required.
Supports technical planning, communications lab test, system integration, verification and validation, cost, risk, supportability and effectiveness analyses for total networked RF communications systems.
This position in test will perform the following duties:
- Support component, sub-system, and system-level test, including hardware, software, suppliers and Government Furnished Equipment (GFE)
- Provide coordination and focus for engineers from other groups involved in test, using tactical data link test tools such as TIGER
- Provide coordination point for systems test and assist individual projects with their test tasks, including System Integration Lab (SIL) test support
This position may work non-standard schedules and the ability to occasionally work either second (2nd) or third (3rd) shift and overtime including weekends is required.
This position may require travel to remote CONUS/OCONUS locations for weeks as part of aircraft flight integration and test team, as required by leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline and 14 years of related experience
- Tactical Radios such as PRC 117, PSC 5, MIDS LVT, MIDS/JTRS, ARC 210, EPLRS/SADL and TCDL
- Radio wave forms such as VHF/UHF LOS, SINCGARS, Have Quick, ANW2, SRW, UHF DAMA SATCOM and Dedicated SATCOM
- Tactical Data Links such as LINK 16, JREAP, SAT J, VMF and CoT
- Configuring and troubleshooting networks
- System Administration of LINUX, UNIX and Windows operating systems
- System level test planning, implementation, documentation and reporting
- Must have active secret clearance and ability to obtain SAR
- Aircraft communication system integration and communications flight test support
- Experience with test tools such as (TIGER, BOSS, LMS, JRE, GM)
- Experience with SW tools such as (LabVIEW, MATLAB)
- Systems engineering "V" model understanding and experience
- Experience working directly with government/military personnel at government/military facilities
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top