Systems Engineer 5
This Systems Engineer (SE) will support a team by leading and performing: technical planning; system design and analysis; requirements development; and the allocation and communication of system requirements to hardware, software, and integration & test. This SE performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. This SE will be a lead contributor on our strong SE team, working to ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer and product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
US citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance as needed.
Full time SATCOM subject matter engineer senior engineer for NGC internal studies. Strong preference for TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Current Secret security clearance and capable of successfully passing Extensive Background Investigation (EBI) for higher level clearances.
- Engineering Experience: 12 Years with Bachelors in Science; 9 Years with Masters; or 6 Years with PhD
- Experience with deriving hardware and software requirements, design, development and testing of system integrations.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project).
- Understanding of DOORS.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within groups.
- Knowledge of RF/Digital circuitry
- Proficiency with test equipment (e.g. signal generators, scopes, analyzers, power meters).
- Experience with Data Link communications and networks
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top