Systems Engineer 4 (Test)
Tasks will include leadership, coordination and execution of System Integration Lab (SIL) activities to ensure ground/aircraft communications test readiness to include issuance, and closure of documentation relating to payload TCDL networked communications integration and test. Position requires creating lab/ground/flight test plan, test cards, coordinating and staging of support equipment, and adhering to test schedules. Coordination and communication of issues and status with Test Operations, maintenance, logistics, mission assurance, pilots and Responsible Engineers is required.
This position will act as a focal point between hardware and software engineering personnel. The ability to work either second (2nd) or third (3rd) shift and overtime including weekends is required.
Performs technical planning, communications lab test, system integration, verification and validation, cost, risk , supportability and effectiveness analyses for total networked RF communications systems.
This position may require travel to remote CONUS locations for weeks as required by leadership. This position in networked RF communications test will perform the following duties:
- Support system lab, ground and aircraft integration and test including hardware, software, suppliers and Government Furnished Equipment (GFE)
- Provides coordination and focus for engineers from other groups involved in integration and test, including networked RF communications lab, ground and occasional flight test.
- System integration and communications test in labs and on aircraft payloads as well as supporting ground equipment.
- Integration and test team may deploy engineers to various projects for special assignments such as integrating and testing networked RF communications payloads in government/military test facilities and flight lines.
- BS Degree in a STEM field and 9 years of related experience.
- Position requires a broad range of knowledge of test methods for tactical aircraft networked RF communications, test aids, aircraft communications, integration, test support, and flight test.
- Years of experience in the following areas:
- RF Networked Communications test and integration
- Working knowledge of Tactical Radios such as PRC 117F, PRC117G, PSC 5, MIDS LVT, ARC 210
- Configuring and troubleshooting networks
- Working knowledge of networked LINUX or UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Aircraft communication system integration and communications ground/ flight test support
- Experience with test tools such as (TIGER, BOSS, LMS, JRE, and GM)
- Systems engineering "V" model knowledge
- Experience working directly with government/military personnel at government/military facilities
- RF Communications ground/flight test and integration
- Experience working on active flight lines.
- Experience integrating and testing Unmanned air vehicles (UAVs) and piloted aircraft is a plus
- Expert experience with Tactical Radios such as PRC 117F, PRC117G, PSC 5, MIDS LVT, ARC 210, EPLRS/SADL radio frequency network
- Radio wave forms such as UHF, VHF, SINCGARS, HAVEQUICK, ANW2, UHF DAMA SATCOM, and SRW
- Tactical Data Links such as LINK 16, JREAP, SAT J, VMF, CDL/TCDL and CoT. Familiar with MIL-STD-6016E & MIL-STD-6020 data forwarding
- System Administration of LINUX, UNIX and Windows operating systems
- EMC/EMI test experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top