Systems Engineer 4
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team in the Ogden, UT area. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below. The successful candidate will perform systems engineering and modeling and simulation on ICBM systems. This includes the following:
- Apply the principles of engineering to design components and systems using applicable standards and specifications
- Participate in technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for mechanical, electrical, software and integrated systems
- Perform requirements analysis, develop source data for requirements, generate test requirements and prepare test reports
- Verify specifications and designs through modeling and simulation, test data processing, and performance analysis
- Support all phases of the systems lifecycle including concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
- Develop Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) products using SysML and other modeling languages
- Maintain design documentation and follow configuration management requirements
- Develop Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for the systems engineering function
- Interface with internal and external customers
- 9 years of experience with a BS degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, or a related technical discipline. 7 years of experience with a MS Degree.
- Must have technical writing experience and be capable of writing technically and grammatically correct documentation
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently and with a team
- US Citizen must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
- This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or level 4
- Master's Degree in a technical discipline
- Must be able to multi-task
- Currently holds an active Secret or Top Secret Clearance
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products
- Experience as a team lead
- SysML and DoDAF experience
- ModelCenter Experience
- ICBM experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top