Systems Engineer 4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer (SE) with experience in formal engineering life-cycle processes to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Aurora, Colorado location to meet challenging issues confronting national security.
Qualified individuals must be flexible, self-motivated, hardworking and capable of working on an agile program, as it moves through the system lifecycle phases of development, testing and deployment. The ideal candidates will develop solutions to increasingly complex problems, utilizing ingenuity, innovation, thoroughness, and practicality; and perform their work with minimal direction and oversight.
This position is focused on the end-to-end engineering of interfaces, both internal and external, and architectural level system engineering activities. Work will also include definition and management of system requirements, and verification and validation activities. The preferred candidate will have experience of SIGINT systems, should be able to work and function in a dynamic environment where requirements can change according to the customer needs.
In addition, the candidate must be a team player, able to lead a team of engineers and work comfortably and effectively with company team members as well as program stakeholders and DoD contractor senior personnel using strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills. Also, the candidate will be required to support technical interchange meetings, on-site technical support, and event support.
Senior Systems Engineer's primary responsibilities are to conduct and lead a team of engineers in:
- Requirements database development, management, maintenance experience (e.g. DOORS)
- Management of requirements, include decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into specifications.
- Creating, reviewing, and maintaining critical system documentation.
- Utilizing a variety of tools to support engineering activities and anomalies.
- Identifying and implementing new or improved tools and processes to increase team efficiency.
- Performing detailed data analysis and trending.
- Serving as the subject matter expert on parts of a complex system
- Mentor other System Engineers on all phases of the Program
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field with at least 9 years systems engineering experience; 7 years with a Masters; 4 years with a PhD
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must have and be able to maintain an active TS/SCI clearance with CI poly
- Proven experience leading systems engineering on complex programs
- Experience with model based engineering
- Experience with SIGINT Systems
- Experience with DOORS
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience leading a team of engineers
- Experience with subcontractor management
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office tools
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top