Systems Engineer 4
Are you a motivated self-starter who is interested in strong growth potential in a technically challenging environment?
Our expertise is in delivering complex equipment to enable modern battlefields and support aviation missions. Our focus is on the world of avionics, radio and electronic warfare product applications to enable networked communications. As part of the corporation's business focus area on Communications, we are the "equipment providers". Our expertise extends from designing and developing Software defined Radios, to integrating COTS equipment to achieve the optimal solution for our customers.
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems sector is seeking a Systems Engineer Level 4 to join our qualified, diverse engineering team. The successful candidate will have Systems Engineering and "Systems thinking" experience, formal engineering education in an element of RF communications (digital, analog, RF or network), and experience with COTS laboratory Test Equipment.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Application of systems engineering processes to develop systems that meet customer requirements
- Execution of trade studies to select from among multiple potential solutions
- Perform Systems Requirements analysis
- Requirements database development, management, maintenance experience (e.g. DOORS, Requisite Pro)
- Management of requirements, include decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation
- System modeling and simulation
- Architecture, CONOPS, and use case development using model-based systems engineering methodologies
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Perform analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, and test.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
The selected applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Engineering organization, in matrix with the Communications Business Unit, where our team of communications systems experts is developing next-generation radios and networks for our armed forces, and our Electronic Warfare subject matter experts are creating the next generation of Improvised Explosive Device (IED) countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm's way.
The Communications business unit of the Airborne C4ISR Systems division of Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector is located on multiple campuses in San Diego, California.
A Systems Engineer 4 requires a Bachelor's Degree in a traditional STEM discipline from an accredited institution and 9 years of related experience. Masters of Science with 7 years of related experience
- Experience writing software or system requirements for sensors, ground systems, mission planning, avionics or related systems
- Experience with requirements database development, management, maintenance experience (e.g. DOORS, Requisite
- Experience in systems engineering, and the SE "V" model
- Experience with MS Windows applications and proficient in the use of MS Office software.
- Able to function in multi-disciplinary team-oriented environment and rapidly adapt to changing work priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with one element of modern RF communications (RF, Digital, Analog or Network)
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Current, Active DoD Clearance
- Information Assurance (IA) experience, EG, CISSP certification
- Experience in agile systems engineering
- Proficiency with IBM Rational DOORS or similar requirements management tool
- Proficiency with MATLAB or SIMULINK
- Proficiency in system modeling tools (i.e. CORE, Rhapsody, PTC Integrity Modeler, Cameo)
- Knowledge of SysML, UML, and UPDM
- Experience conducting structured trade studies
- Integration & test experience
- Business development/proposal background
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top