Systems Engineer 4 17-741 System Track Correlation
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United
States. Air & Missile Defense Systems (A&MDS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
The selected individual will lead development of functional, performance, and interface concepts for track correlation requirements consisting of a multi-sensor correlation, intelligence fusion, and information-sharing capabilities for the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) in a model based systems engineering environment. Individual will participate in development of system/component trade studies and analysis using established methodologies.
- Responsible for development of change notices to the BMD system specification thru updates to requirements databases, architectural models, and interface definitions.
- Resposible for development of DoDAF compliant UML based design packages supporting definition, analysis, and architectures needed to document, allocate and trace BMD System and Element level requirements.
- Responsible for planning and progress reporting of tasks and coordination with organizational and technical working group leads, senior management and government counterparts. Individual will create and present briefings within the team and to Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and supporting stakeholders.
- 9 years of experience with Bachelors in Science in an Engineering Field; 7 years of experience with a Masters Degree; and 4 years of experience with a PHD
- Demonstrated experience leading the engineering of multi-sensor track correlation, intelligence fusion, and information-sharing requirements using modeling and requirements management tools.
- Must demonstrate knowledge/expertise in developing/writing and analyzing system-of-system level requirements.
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities along with horizontal integration skills.
- Ability to perform and understand multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a team environment leading focused eams comprising of up to 10-15 multi-funcitonal engineers/technicians.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in managing work-group performance to an earned value baseline schedule.
Active Secret Clearance Required
- Experience in routinely briefing and communicating with Customers (up to SES level), internal leadership, and other stakeholders.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top