Systems Engineer 3/4
Location: Buffalo, US
US Citizenship Required for this Position: No
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Clearance Type: Secret
Number of Openings : 0
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector seeks Systems Engineers to join our team in Buffalo, NY, where we focus on the development and production of state-of-the-art Simulation Systems solutions.
This is a pipeline staffing requisition to source qualified talent for near future and on-going talent needs in this area of professional expertise. We are seeking Systems Engineers at levels 3 and 4.
The Systems Engineer will lead technical teams during proposal efforts, provide technical guidance and support during customer requirement analysis, generate internal system requirements, and system design definition. Will also lead functional engineering teams; and perform Cost Account Management activities to satisfy technical aspects of the program to be within cost and schedule.
Additionally, the Systems Engineer performs or leads technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk; and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. The Systems Engineer also ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints, as well as performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills to interact with internal management, customers, and vendors. Candidate must also be able to conduct presentations to large groups.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Aeronautical, or Software Engineering, or other engineering/technical degree, plus 5 years of progressive engineering experience, which includes at least 3 years of systems engineering experience; or Master of Science degree plus 3 years of relevant systems engineering experience; or PhD plus 0 years of experience.
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret numerical data for reporting purposes
- Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions
- Ability to perform work in an approved environment during specified work hours
- Ability to change physical locations based upon need (including physical ability to travel)
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance.
- Electronic Warfare (EW), or EW Threat experience
- Experience with DOORS requirements management tool.
- Experience with design reviews.
- Cost account management experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job ID: 16017309
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Organization Effectiveness Representative
Samantha improves people-related processes at Northrop Grumman, including talent and performance management. She constantly works on bettering the corporate environment at the company.
Back to top