Systems Engineer 3
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking Systems Engineers to join a team designing and building advanced, state-of-the-art systems at our Space Park location. Our team supports multiple operating units within Mission Systems at this location, where we are an integral part in the development and maintenance of software systems in a variety of mission areas including air defense C2, mission planning and execution, battle management, command/control and mission management, protected satcom and embedded software, and integrated ground systems. Candidates should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. They should project a friendly, positive attitude and works cooperatively in a multi-faceted environment; as well as exhibiting an ability and desire to self-educate.
What You'll get to Do:
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Application of systems engineering processes to develop systems that meet customer requirements
- Execution of trade studies to select from among multiple potential solutions
- Management of requirements, include decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation
- System modeling and simulation
- Architecture, OPSCON, and use case development using model-based systems engineering methodologies
- Ability to perform Product Owner Rolse for Agile Development (Scrum) process
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Perform analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, and test.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Perform Systems Requirements analysis
- Requirements database development, management, maintenance experience (e.g. DOORS, Requisite Pro)
In addition, the successful candidate must have the following skills:
- Ability to function in multi-disciplinary team-oriented environment and rapidly adapt to changing work priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline with 5 years of experience, or Master's in STEM discipline with 3 years of experience, or PhD with 0 years of experience.
- Experience writing software or system requirements for sensors (EO/IR, radar, etc.), ground systems, mission planning, avionics or related systems
- Experience with requirements database development, management, maintenance experience (e.g. DOORS, Requisite Pro), Trade Studies analysis/development
- Experience with MS Windows applications and proficient in the use of MS Office software
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with software prototype development and the Agile Development Process
- Experience with writing interface definitions
- Experience with developing Mission Planning or C2 systems
- System Engineer with experience in requirements, interfaces, architecture
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Education Assistance
Back to top