Systems Engineer 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is the prime contractor for the Joint Tactical Ground Station (JTAGS) Pre-Planned Product Improvement (P3I) program. The JTAGS-P3I team is developing and deploying mission ground processing systems world-wide. These systems receive, process and disseminate Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) sensor data in support of the theater missile warning mission.
The JTAGS-P3I team is seeking experienced Systems Engineers with a background and interest in systems engineering, integration and test, and system performance analysis. These positions will be involved with requirements decomposition and verification, measuring system performance, evaluating algorithms and recommending possible solutions to issues.
These positions may be filled at a higher engineering level for the right candidate.
- 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
- Willingness to handle highly technical and challenging tasking
- Good written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate technical information effectively and clearly
- Capable of working both independently and in a team environment
- Position requires active Secret clearance.
- Master's Degree in Science or Engineering, 7 years of applicable experience
- Knowledgeable of Missile Warning ground processing systems (e.g., JTAGS, SBIRS, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of OPIR mission processing concepts and architectures
- Experience using an analytical coding environment (MATLAB, Python, etc.) to modify and use analysis tools
- Experience using systems engineering tools such as DOORS, Rhapsody, etc.
- Knowledgeable of advanced analytics techniques, advanced data structures, code parallelization, machine learning
- Familiar with models and simulations of sensors and threats
- Experience with software and system level testing
- Ability to obtain, or a current TS/SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top