Systems Engineer 2 (Test)
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications, test plans, and test procedures. Works both individually and in a team environment.
This position may work non standard schedules such as extended hours or weekends, as required, of leadership
This position in test will perform the following duties:
Support component and system test, including hardware, software, suppliers and Government Furnished Equipment (GFE)
Provides coordination and focus for engineers from other groups involved in test
Provides coordination point for systems test and assists individual projects with their test tasks, including System Integration Lab (SIL) test support
System test on aircraft: test team may deploy integrators to various projects for special assignments such as integrating and testing systems on aircraft at CONUS/OCONUS locations.
System test in government/military test facilities: test team may deploy integrators to various projects for special assignments such as testing payloads in government/military test facilities.
- BS in STEM field with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Tactical Radios such as PRC 117, PSC 5, MIDS LVT, ARC 210,SADL/EPLRS
- Radio wave forms such as UHF, VHF, SINCGARS, HAVEQUICK, ANW2, SRW, DAMA & Dedicated SATCOM and TCDL
- Tactical Data Links such as LINK 16, JREAP, SAT J, VMF and CoT
- Configuring and troubleshooting networks
- System Administration of LINUX, UNIX and Windows operating systems
- System level test planning, implementation, documentation and reporting
- Active/Current Secret clearance is required
- Aircraft communication system integration and communications flight test support
- Experience with test tools such as (TIGER, BOSS, LMS, JRE, GM)
- Systems engineering "V" model
- Experience working directly with government/military personnel at government/military facilities
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top