Systems Engineer 2 - Operations Crew Engr 2 (Alice Springs, AU)
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a highly qualified Ops Support Crew engineer looking to realize the rewards of working in an innovative and discovery-driven environment. Located in Alice Springs, Australia this is a high visibility position with opportunities for both individual activities and collaborative efforts in support of a complex end-to-end system.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Monitoring system/subsystem operation and performance and preparing periodic status reports
- Investigating and responding to all indications of anomalous system performance
- Assisting in the preparation and review of standard operations procedures and system redundancy management documentation
- Supporting system reconfiguration and mode changes
- Supporting special system operations of a non-routine nature
- Monitoring several real-time systems and implementing procedures required for the control and status of these systems in response to anomalous behavior
- Monitoring equipment health and status to ensure highest possible level of mission readiness
The successful candidate will be trained on-site with necessary skills and knowledge required for elementary system operations. Upon certification, the operator will continue to develop operational skills, knowledge and problem solving experience for greater technical responsibilities or leadership opportunities with the operations organization. Additional shift operations duties include continuous core skill improvement training, follow-on advanced operator training, and system performance improvement tasks involving Perl programming and standard operating procedure modifications. Candidate should have excellent written and oral communications skills and strong organizational and interpersonal team building skills.
A comprehensive overseas compensation package is offered with this position including relocation assistance.
A 2 year commitment is required. Applicant must pass physical, psychological and security/polygraph screening.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM field (Science/ Engineering/ Math) with 2 years experience in 24x7 real-time mission critical operations environment
- Ability to obtain/retain a TS SCI clearance with SSBI and Counter Intelligence polygraph.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top