Systems Engineer 2 (Integration)
NGIS Communications Division Resilient Network Solutions (RNS) operating unit in San Diego has an opening for n Mid-Level Integration Engineer 2 (System Integration Lab (SIL) Management). The selected candidate will perform technical planning, system integration, SIL maintenance and design . System Integrators will be performing at all levels of the system development product to include: Design, fabrication, test, installation, operations, maintenance, and disposal. This position may work extended hours, as required.
This position will require the following duties:
- Providing System Integration expertise in the following areas; Hardware, Software, Cyber Security, Networking, Suppliers, and Government Furnished Equipment (GFE).
- Provides a System Integration (SIL) environment for the coordination and focus point for highly experienced Engineers from other Engineering IPT's involved in Integration of Software and Cyber activates.
- Providing and keep accurate configuration management of hardware and software used during integration activities.
- Provide a coordination point of contact for systems integration, and assists individual projects with their integration tasks including System Integration Lab (SIL) planning/scheduling and checkout support.
- System Integration team members may deploy for various projects such as; Live and Simulated Ground/Flight Testing and Integrating Systems onto manned and unmanned aircraft at CONUS locations.
- Responsible for some SIL management and staff compliance with safety and security requirements, including those associated with Government CCI equipment
BS in STEM field with a minimum of 2 years' relevant experience in the following areas:
- Tactical Datalink and Radio Communications such as PRC 117, PSC 5, MIDS LVT's, ARC 210, EPLRS/SADL, TTNT and TCDL
- Radio wave forms such as UHF, VHF, SINCGARS, HAVEQUICK, UHF DAMA SATCOM and Dedicated SATCOM
- In-depth knowledge of Tactical Data Links MIl-Standards such as LINK 16, JREAP, SAT J, VMF
- Experience with test tools such as (TIGER, BOSS, LMS, JRE, GM)
- Experience working directly with government/military personnel at government/military facilities
- Experience working with SIL lab assets such as test (mock-up) payloads
- System level test planning, implementation, documentation and reporting
- Experience with quick reaction projects to meet aggressive/accelerated schedules,, including production, integration and system tests
- Active/current Secret Clearance
- Aircraft system integration and communications flight test support
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering "V" model and Life Cycle development
- Experience with system administration of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Commitment to learning 'on the job' with effectiveness and determination
- System Administration of LINUX, UNIX and Windows Operating Systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top