Systems Engineer 2 - Airworthiness Engineer
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer 2 - Airworthiness Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at our San Diego facility. The qualified individual will be a part of our Engineering team supporting the Battlefield Airborne Communications Node (BACN) Payload Program.
This position leverages experience and judgment to develop and perform technical airworthiness support of airworthiness plans, basis of certifications, means of compliance, and certification for total systems in support of Northrop Grumman Corporation's Battlefield Airborne Communications Node (BACN) Payload Program.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Review and coordinate with internal engineering disciplines during development activities performed at all levels of total system certification: design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Execute compliance activities for civil and military airworthiness processes to translate certification basis requirements (criteria, standards, and methods of compliance), into a showing of compliance adequate to meet requirements of certifying authority, whether civil or military.
- Support the logical and systematic realization of customer airworthiness requirements into system solutions to meet program objectives (e.g. flight releases, type certification, and continued airworthiness).
- Will have some customer interaction.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math, or Aviation Sciences or other technical areas
- 2 years FAA or USAF aviation certification with Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
- Knowledge and experience with MIL-HDBK-516C certification basis development
- Degree in Aviation or Aeronautical Engineering discipline
- System safety, and airworthiness processes and regulations experience (14CFR, MIL-HDBK-516, AFI)
- Direct customer certification authority interaction
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top