Systems Engineer 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Systems Engineer 2 in the Engineering, Manufacturing & Sciences (EM&S) Central Region Engineering, Huntsville Site. In the Mission Systems sector, you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. The qualified applicant will work in our Huntsville, Alabama office, headquarters for the Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) division.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or similar STEM field with 2 years of related experience (or 0 years with a Masters)
- Experience in data analysis, algorithm development, requirements development, modeling & simulation, or interface development
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly to both technical and nontechnical personnel
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Active Secret Clearance
- Proficiency with either MATLAB or Mathematica
- Experience applying statistical methods to datasets to characterize system behavior and optimize performance
- Experience with wireless point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, and multipoint communication devices and systems
- Experience with database management systems including Microsoft SQL Server, SQLite, and/or MySQL
- Experience with Agile Development lifecycle process
- Experience with user interface design
- Ability to use Microsoft Visio
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top