Systems Engineer 2
Northrop Grumman, Land & Avionics Division, offers exciting opportunities for Systems Engineers to expand their scope of experience in Systems Design, Modeling & Simulation or Integration & Test. In Modeling & Simulation,
you will be responsible for Algorithm Design and Analytics, in support of Electro-Optical Infrared (EOIR) and Radio Frequency Electronic Warfare (RFEW) systems. You will do a variety of research, design, development and simulation of Electronic Warfare systems, and define and develop processing algorithms for real-time implementation. You'll use your expertise in RF and/or Electro-Optical system design and analysis, digital signal and or image processing, and system modeling and simulation.
In Systems Design, you will work as part of the Systems Engineering team to fully define the design and requirements for EO/IR/RF systems. You will also play a critical role during customer review meetings such as Systems Requirement Reviews, Preliminary Design Reviews, and Critical Design Reviews. Should your interests be in the area of Integration & Test, you will conduct integration testing and evaluate complex electronics systems from hardware/software design through aircraft installation. Your key responsibilities will include the creation and conduct of Integration, Design Verification Test, and Flight Test plans and procedures. You'll use your knowledge and experience in one or more of the following specialties: EO/IR/RF systems, sensors/antennas,
transmitters/receivers, optics, detection and tracking.
- BS degree in electrical engineering, systems engineering, or related technical degree with 2 years related experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical skills, written and oral communications skills and the ability to work in an integrated product team environment
- Strong mathematical skills and working knowledge of signal processing and algorithms and proficient in Matlab and/or C/C (Modeling & Simulation)
- Prior experience with DOORS or other requirement management/traceability tools (Systems Design)
- Experience in an integration and test environment for complex electronic systems (Integration & Test)
- Active Interim Secret Clearance
- MS degree in electrical engineering, systems engineering, or related technical degree with 0 years related experience required.
- Experience with real-time signal processing in both firmware and software
- Knowledge of C, C , CUDA, VHDL, OpenCL, SysML
- Working knowledge of Rhapsody, DOORS and ClearCase/ClearQuest
- Recent experience creating integration and test, design verification test and flight test plans and procedures
- Working knowledge of one of more of the following specialty areas for integration and test related to EO/IR/RF systems:sensors/antennas, transmitters/receivers, optics, detection and tracking
- Experience in development and management of cost accounts and schedules as related to test and integration
- Active Secret or Top Secret clearance
- Ability and willingness to travel
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top