Systems Engineer 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer to join a team designing and building advanced, state-of-the-art systems in our Redondo Beach, CA location. Our team supports multiple operating units within Mission Systems at this location, where we are an integral part in the development and maintenance of software systems in a variety of mission areas including air defense C2, mission planning and execution, battle management, command/control and mission management, protected satcom and embedded software, and integrated ground systems.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Application of systems engineering processes to develop systems that meet customer requirements
- Execution of trade studies to select from among multiple potential solutions
- Management of requirements, include decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation
- System modeling and simulation
- Architecture, OPSCON, and use case development using model-based systems engineering methodologies
- Database development, management, maintenance
- STEM degree from an accredited institution
- Active Top Secret, SCI, or SSBI Clearance
- Experience in systems engineering in software-centric systems
- Experience in agile systems engineering
- Proficiency with IBM Rational DOORS or similar requirements management tool
- Proficiency with MATLAB or SIMULINK
- Proficiency in system modeling tools (i.e. Rhapsody, PTC Integrity Modeler, Cameo)
- Knowledge of SysML, UML, and UPDM
- Experience conducting structured trade studies
- Integration & test experience
- Business development/proposal background
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top