Systems Engineer 17-750 RF Systems Engineer
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Air & Missile Defense Systems (A&MDS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
- Perform end-to-end analysis of Radio Frequency systems within the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) supporting the systems engineering process for the Missile Defense Agency (MDA).
- Perform BMDS performance analyses utilizing large-scale complex BMDS modeling and simulation tools and utilize the results to support system engineering products for MDA.
- Perform development, updates, and benchmarking/anchoring of BMDS M&S tools, as necessary to support system analysis tasks.
- Coordinate analysis activities and products with functional group leads, senior management, and government personnel responsible for executing analysis tasks.
- Document analysis results in reports and briefings to be presented to the Missile Defense Agency Engineering Team – Industry (MET-I) and Missile Defense Agency (MDA) representatives.
- Perform as a principal investigator. Individual may lead analysis teams
- 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
- Technical background in numerical modeling and simulation of radio frequency systems, using a high level programming language such as MATLAB, Python, FORTRAN, or similar language environment.
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Capable of working both independently and in a team environment.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the BMDS elements such as sensors (e.g., AN/TPY-2, SBX, AN/SPY-1, AN/SPY-6, UEWR, etc.), interceptors (e.g., SM3, EKV, THAAD, Patriot, etc.), or C2BMC.
- Analysis experience in aspects of the Ballistic missile defense system (e.g., Aegis Weapons Systems, Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Fire Control (FOM, GFC), C2BMC, BMDS sensors (EO/IR/RF), kill vehicles, interceptors, countermeasures, counter-countermeasures, or threats
- Systems engineering experience with large, complex systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top