Systems Engineer 17-745 Engineering Task Lead
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United
States. Air & Missile Defense Systems (A&MDS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
- The selected individual will perform as a Responsible Engineer (RE) to lead small teams and support development of functional, performance, and interface concepts and requirements for system-of-system capabilities of the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) in a model based systems engineering environment.
- Integrates system functional and interface requirements in one or more of the following focus areas: BMDS Battle Management/Command Control/Communication (BM/C2/C), RF/IR sensor management, and BMDS weapon systems.
- Participate in development of system/component trade studies and analysis using established methodologies.
- Develops UML/DoDAF based design packages supporting analysis, definition, and architectures needed to document, allocate and trace BMD System and MDA Element level requirements.
- May be responsible for the planning and progress reporting of tasks and coordination with functional and technical working groups, senior management and government counterparts.
- Responsible for documenting results of requirements analysis in DOORS, System Architect, reports, and presentations.
- Create and present briefings within the team and to Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and supporting organization stakeholders.
- 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD
- Model based systems engineering (MBSE) background using UML and DoDAF techniques. Knowledge/expertise in developing/writing and analyzing system-of-system level functional requirements using modeling and requirements management tools.
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities along with horizontal integration skills. Ability to develop solutions to a wide range of complex system-of-systems technical problems that require ingenuity, innovation and collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Must be able to perform and understand multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a team environment leading focused teams comprised of 6-10 multi-functional engineers/technicians.
- Must have a current SECRET clearance.
- Good communications skills with GS-13 and higher DoD Customers.
- Experience leading teams in performing developing performance and interface specifications.
- Experience with a complex weapon system, system-of-systems, or Missile Defense element such as Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Theater High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD), Patriot, Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD), X-Band Radar (XBR), Command Control Battle Management Communication (C2BMC).
- Familiarity/Experience with DOORS and System Architect tools. Computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite. 3 or more years of experience as a Control Account Manager (CAM)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top