Systems Engineer 17-744 Architecture & Configuration Management Tools Group Lead
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United
States. Air & Missile Defense Systems (A&MDS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
Perform as the Architecture & Requirements Management Tools Team Lead within the Missile Defense Systems Engineering Team (MDSET) Systems Concepts and Requirements (SC&R) Product Team to support the definition, characterization, and development of functional, performance, interface, and specialty engineering requirements for the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) system-of-systems.
Individual is responsible for the configuration management of the BMDS Technical Baseline products: BMD Requirements Database, System Description Document (SDD), System Specification (SS), Architectural Framework and Functional Description (AFFD), System Interface Control Documents (SICD), Preliminary Change Notices (PCN), System Change Notices (SCN), Data Design Packages (DCN), Document Change Notices (DCN), and Initial Requirements Documents (IRD).
Individual follows disciplined SC&R processes using established systems engineering tools (e.g., System Architect, DOORS, SharePoint, etc.). Individual is responsible for direct interface with counterparts at the MDA, "two letter" and program office representatives to facilitate exchange of requirements database partitions and Element specification products for requirements trace activates.
Supervises 3-5 tools administrators and programmers. Leads engineering process improvement activities including development, implementation, and training.
Responsible for development and execution of integrated project plans and Integrated Master Schedules; monitors engineering tasks to remain on schedule and within scope; reports weekly earned value management data.
Develop briefings on task plans, status and results. Provides technical briefings to team and MDA management/leadership, as needed.
- 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD Previous experience with systems engineering process and system engineering tools, specifically, IBM Rational DOORS®, Unicom System Architect®, Microsoft SharePoint®, and Microsoft Office tools.
- Selected individual must demonstrate knowledge and experience leading systems architecture development efforts and generation of engineering products (SS, SDD, architecture design documents, interface requirements documents, sub-system specifications, etc.).
- The position requires a minimum of 3-5 years of programming/script writing experience using DOORS eXtension Language (DXL) and experience with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) for use in configuring System Architect®.
- Experience with baseline configuration management for an extensive set of requirements documents (e.g, specifications and ICDs).
- Ability to develop, document, and maintain processes, methods, and tools.
- Candidate must have a current and active Secret clearance.
- Ability to prioritize product generation needs across multiple internal MDSET customers.
- •Requires educational credentials meeting the classification standards for engineers and typically 10 to 20 years experience in an engineering classification.
- Experience with system engineering on a large scale integration program.
- General experience with the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS).
- Experience as a Control Account Manager (CAM) responsible for executing multiple tasks to a cost/schedule baseline.
- Requires educational credentials meeting the classification standards for engineers and typically 10 to 20 years experience in an engineering classification.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top