Systems Engineer 17-741 Track Correlation
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Air & Missile Defense Systems (A&MDS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination
- Support development of performance analysis and concepts for track correlation requirements consisting of a multi-sensor correlation, intelligence fusion, and information-sharing capabilities for the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) in a model based systems engineering environment.
- Participate in development of system/component trade studies and analysis using established methodologies.
- Supports development of change notices to the BMD system specification thru updates to requirements databases, architectural models, and interface definitions.
- Develops DoDAF compliant UML based design packages supporting definition, analysis, and architectures needed to document, allocate and trace BMD System and Element level requirements.
- Interacts in technical interchange meetings with internal technical working group, organizational leaders, and government counterparts.
- Individual will create and present briefings within the team and to Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and supporting stakeholders.
- 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.Experience performing systems engineering of track correlation capabilities using requirements modeling tools and requirements managemet tools.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Missile Defense Agencies Command and Control Battle Management System (C2BMC) and confederated sensors.
- Experience in performing and documenting technical trade studies within a complex system.
- Must demonstrate knowledge/expertise in analyzing, developing, and writing system-of-system level requirements.
- Ability to perform and understand multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a team environment with frequent high visibility interactions with senior technical Customer leaders and stakeholders.
- Selectee will be responsible to provide daily/weekly status updates for tracking earned value performance
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience in modeling tools such as Magic Draw, System Architect, Rhapsody, etc., and requirements managemet tools such as DOORS.
- Experience in track correlation systems within a Missile Defense or Integrated Air and Missile Defense context. Past work at a MDA element level such as C2BMC, Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Theater High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD), Patriot, or Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD), is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in a commensurate areana is acceptable. Familiarity/experience in anlayzing and modeling system behaviors requirements using UML/SysML/DoDAF is preferred.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top