Systems Engineer 17-733 Systems Assessment
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Air & Missile Defense Systems (A&MDS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
This systems engineer position primary role will be developing and analyzing Assessment
- BMDS capability declarations on the Missile Defense National Team (MDNT). Analyze BMDS functionality, decomp the functions into KeyTest Points and coordinate with ground test planners with analysis and supporting documentation. The role includes performing system analysis on the complex Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS), and reporting results in writing and presenting results in an Assessment Requirements Document.
- The systems engineer will be responsible for working with associated Systems Engineering (SE) teams, Test Organizations, Warfighters and Element Program focus to ensure BMDS tests meet technical intent system capabilities and behaviors.
- Develop and present analytical products that are based on assessing strategic and theater/regional system level performance of the BMDS in ground test and flight test events.
- 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD
- Knowledge of ground test design and data collection for a complex missile defense program.
- Knowledge of System Engineering for test campaign and test event design processes in support of system assessment is required.
- Experience and understanding of system level behavior and performance characterization of battle management and command and control functions and their associated information exchange requirements tied to specified performance metrics that are traditionally demonstrated in system level test events.
- Candidate must be proficient in using analytical tools that assess the system level performance of the BMDS including radar acquisition, tracking, and discrimination; battle manager engagement planning, warfighter interaction, and engagement coordination with other BMDS systems; and interceptor acquisition, tracking, and discrimination.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a geographically distributed team.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Candidates with strong systems engineering background and demonstrated collaboration and presentation skills are desired.
- System level interface design and specification development experience is desired.
- Possess knowledge of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS),
- Matlab or similar analytical tools, system analysis, and system level testing.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top