Systems Engineer 16603
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team.
Systems Engineer to support the MDA/IC Mission Planning Element team on the JRDC program at the Missile Defense Integration and Operations Center (MDIOC), Schriever AFB, CO. The primary task for this role will be to ensure that MDA/IC scheduled activities do not negatively impact the execution of ongoing tests and exercises. He/she will manage the Systems Integration Management (SIM) Tool by ensuring the population of authoritative data for IT and Facility projects, O&M activities, and test and exercise events. The systems engineer will analyze data for schedule conflicts and collaborate extensively with activity owners and event customers to mitigate potential impacts. As necessary, he/she will host technical interchange meetings with government and contractor project managers, implementation engineers, and event stakeholders.
The systems engineer will develop select event work products and will verify at reviews that MDA/IC provisioned systems and services will be available for upcoming events. The system engineer will be required to occasionally perform the role of the MDIOC Duty Officer, monitoring the facility’s ability to support ballistic missile defense operations.
- Bachelors degree in STEM related field and 8 years of experience
- Must possess knowledge of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS).
- Must possess demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with the ability to facilitate stakeholder meetings.
- Must have a degree in an IT, engineering, or project management related discipline.
- Must have a DoD Secret security clearance or be able to obtain one.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office products and with IT management applications (such as Remedy Action Request System).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top