Systems Controls & Equipment Maintenance Engineer
- Clinton, UT
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems - Aerospace Structures Division - Clearfield, UT has a current opening for a Systems Controls & Equipment Maintenance Engineer
We offer flexible work arrangements, great learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
As the Systems Controls & Equipment Maintenance Engineer you will oversee the Reliability Engineering and assist/guide the maintenance team in the troubleshooting of 5-Axis CNC Machine Tools and other high volume manufacturing equipment.
Review existing PLC and HMI programs and become completely familiar with the OEM's operating protocol as it relates to machine motion and control.
Provide emphasis to ensure that the correct preventative maintenance procedures are in place and recommend all necessary spare parts to keep the plant operational on a 24/7 basis.
This position is a Senior Reliability Engineer with the opportunity to grow, working to ensure that all CNC Machines and high volume production equipment perform at their ultimate performance level and maintain a high level of uptime.
This is a day shift position (Mon-Fri), and the successful candidate will be supported by (and support) the Maintenance team as needed.
There is considerable latitude for independent action and decision making. You will support our current facility and allow it to grow to the next level of operations and production.
Competencies for Success:
• Must have good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage time and multi-task.
• Ability to solve problems.
• Ability to work independently and use judgment to make appropriate decisions that support overall project objectives.
• Ability to drive projects and processes
• Ability to partner with leadership at all levels.
• Ability to troubleshoot problems and resolve issues is a short time frame.
• Bachelors of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering REQUIRED (education will be verified) and 2 Years Experience.
• Some knowledge of control systems, especially Allen Bradley or Siemens would be preferred.
• Strong knowledge of 5-Axis Machine Tool operation and function, or other high volume manufacturing equipment.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in troubleshooting 5-Axis CNC Machine systems, or other high volume manufacturing equipment.
• Basic understanding of carbon composite layup or composite machining is preferred.
• Ability to prepare sound presentations and or shift reports on a daily basis.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience with Fanuc CNC controls is an advantage.
• Experience in lean manufacturing
• Experience in aerospace industry
• Past experience working in high rate manufacturing facilities operating on a 24/7 schedule.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top