Systems Architect 6, GLM Mature Technology Group
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a System Architect to join a mature technology evaluation group and to design and develop system architectures, and defines key capabilities and performance requirements. Defines design and technology maturity constraints of the system in accordance with customer specifications. Develops thorough definition of system external interfaces. Defines system implementation approach and operational concept. Ensures requirements are met and evaluates performance with customer. Monitors and evaluates technology trends in disciplines relevant to sustainment and modernization of aviation, space and missile platforms and payloads.
- BS Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline and 20 years of relevant experience.
- Systems engineering, research & development and business development experience.
- Experience devising, bidding and/or implementing services and/or product solutions.
- Experience with generating DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF) views.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance with counter intelligence polygraph.
- Must be able to travel CONUS and OCONUS.
- MS Degree in engineering or related technical discipline 18 years of experience.
- PhD Degree in engineering or related technical discipline 15 years of experience.
- Experience within a $100M Aerospace & Defense (A&D) profit & loss (P&L) business.
- Experience with system-of-systems modeling & simulation.
- Experience with delivering performance based logistics (PBL) services.
- Experience with operations research, data science and/or systems analysis.
- Experience developing ISR sensors, processing electronics and RF technologies.
- Experience developing applied flight technologies.
- Experience developing airframe technologies.
- Experience developing air vehicle survivability technologies.
- Experience developing data analytics, cognitive and autonomy technologies.
- Experience developing cyber resilience and embedded software support technologies.
- Experience leading mature technology IR&D and CR&D projects (TRL > 6).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top