At Northrop Grumman, innovation isn't just an idea, it is a way of life. Our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is looking for Systems Administrators to work OA DGCS enterprise sustainment at Langley AFB in Hampton, VA. Duties will include maintaining smooth operation of virtualized data centers composed of VMWare with Dell/EMC servers and storage hardware, coordination with network administrators, software developers, systems users and commercial vendors, WSUS and YUM patch deployment, and Tier 1/2 helpdesk support.
Roles & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot, maintain and implement solutions to optimize the operations infrastructure.
- Will support a group of Software Engineers and their development and production environments.
- Will support engineer upgrades to the current infrastructure, maintain all computer operating systems to current patch levels, install products as needed and perform security hardening of systems.
- Interact with networking and database engineers.
- Able to troubleshoot problems via a server's console or remote workstationsufficient to have a support group make repairs.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in a STEM related field. Experience in lieu of a degree is acceptable including 4 years of related experience or 2 years related experience with an Associate's degree.
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Server 2012
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Data Center Storage Management
- WSUS or YUM
- SCCM or Puppet
- Identity and Access Management (IdAM)
- MS SQL Server
- ActiveTS clearance with the ability to get an SCI.
- CompTIA Security+ Certification (DOD Directive 8570 IAT I or II certification).
- US Citizenship is required for this position.
- Knowledge and/or experience in Services Oriented Architectures.
- Knowledge and/or experience with secure virtualized techniques.
- Air Force DCGS experience.
Back to top