Systems Administrator- Pipeline Postion
Northrop Grumman Missions Systems is seeking Systems Administrators to join our team to help support a program located in the greater Saint Louis area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Candidate will provide system administration support to the program's Linux High Performance Computing (HPC) production and development/test environments, to include: system installation, configuration, troubleshooting, performance analysis, tuning, upgrading, patch maintenance, license management, system backup administration, user account/environment administration, implementing and maintaining system security postures, fiber attached storage management, and assisting with hardware/software installations. Candidate should be self-motivated and will follow standard processes, plan effectively to complete tasks on schedule, and clearly document processes and results. Candidate will also participate in a rotating 24x7 on-call operational support role.
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. 4 additional years of related work experience can be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Computing/system administration/information technology experience
- US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain (and maintain) a DoD Secret clearance (Interim Secret required to start)
- CompTIA Security certification upon start
- Possess an understanding of networking/zoning to include VLAN/VSAN setup and experience with RHEL and SELINUX system security lockdowns to include SCAP STIG and NESSUS ACAS mitigations
- Possess a working knowledge of RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL5/6) operating systems, RHEL HA (High Availability) Cluster management, RedHat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV), RedHat Satellite Server (RHSS), and HP and Dell blade server chassis management
- Applicant should have a solid working knowledge of High Performance Computing environments; Infiniband networking; TCP/IP networking and NFS; GPFS and Ibrix storage sub-system management; and HP Cluster Management Utility (CMU)
- Applicant should also have an understanding of IBM Load Sharing Facility (LSF) or other job scheduler utilities and experience with RHEL/SELINUX system security lockdowns to include SCAP STIG and NESSUS ACAS mitigations
An understanding of RedHat Satellite Server (RHSS) and HP blade server/chassis and storage management is a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top