Systems Administrator (Linux or Windows)
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition are:
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Systems Administrator for our Aurora, CO location.
Our program has a need for a self-motivated, hardworking System Administrator capable of working on an agile, development program. The individual needs to be comfortable supporting incremental hardware deliveries that could require reconfiguration and continuous restructuring /builds of the current infrastructure as new hardware is procured and baselines received. Selected candidates will initially be responsible for: Hardware installs and configuration; COTs SW installs; Security Patching; Hardware Maintenance; and User Accounts. The ideal candidate will develop solutions to moderate problems, utilizing ingenuity and general direction or oversight. The candidate must understand how their tasks fit within the overall program goals and perform their work accordingly.
- Requires a Bachelor's of Science degree in Engineering or related technical degree with 0 years' experience OR 4 years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Experience loading, configuring, and troubleshooting Linux or Windows operating systems, including RedHat
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as Amazon Web Services, VMware vSphere or Oracle PCA
- Experience installing a variety of applications on Linux/Unix or Windows platforms
- Experience with security hardening
- Experience performing system backups, maintaining archives, and data recovery
- Experience working with Storage Area Networks and Network Attached Storage
- Familiar with Windows Active Directory and user account management
- Experience with LDAP
- Familiar with Enterprise automation technologies such as Kickstart, Puppet, Spacewalk
- Scripting experience with bash, Python, or Windows Powershell
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top