Systems Administrator - Linux
- Colorado Springs, CO
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a qualified Linux Systems Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Colorado Springs, CO area.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform as a Linux Systems Administrator for a large classified government contract.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal and external customers, in written and oral format.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, hardware, and system engineers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Perform hardware repair to included removal and replacement of failed system/subsystem components.
- Support multiple networks.
- Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO).
- Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
- 3 years of experience with Bachelor's; 1 year with Master's; or 7 years of related experience in lieu of degree.
- Active Secret clearance.
- Current Security + CE or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments.
- Server management.
- SGI certification to perform hardware repair on the Origin 3800/3900 platforms and the UV2000 platform.
- Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar security certification.
- Understanding basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification.
- Windows Operating System experience and/or certification for current versions.
- Rudimentary Scripting.
- Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
- DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top