This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman is seeking candidates for the position of Systems Administrator. This is a pipeline staffing requisition to source qualified talent for current, on-going, and future talent needs in this area of expertise. These systems have a mix of Operating Systems (LINUX, IRIX, Windows) in both development lab environments and deployed operational environments.
Systems Administrators are responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining network infrastructure to include routers, switches, firewalls and the connections to servers and workstations. Assist end users with account maintenance, system configuration, setup, and requested baseline configuration changes. Duties may include scripting for optimizing IT environment and network installations, project management for defining and implementing upgrades to the IT environment, and serving as consultant for computer problems beyond the knowledge of engineering staff.
Systems Administrators must demonstrate a blend of engineering, advanced technical skills and excellent communication abilities.
SAs must demonstrate aptitude commensurate with their level in the following areas:
- Administration of classified network systems within strict security policies and procedures
- Good understanding of seven-layer OSI model
- Name Service design, best-practices, configuration & maintenance (NIS, LDAP, DNS)
- Familiar with LINUX operating system configurations (DoD, RedHat Enterprise, SUSE, etc.)
- Cisco Network equipment installations and configurations (Routers, Switches, Firewalls)
- Knowledge of WAN access and encryption technologies
- Defining, understanding & implementing computer lab requirements
- Perform technical research leading to solutions for system
- Provide troubleshooting and first level customer support
- Creating accurate, detailed technical procedures & integration plans
- Developing detailed documentation for Hardware Requirements Specification and High Level Design documents for deliverable systems
Additional responsibilities may be assigned commensurate with performance or due to business needs.
- Bachelor's degree, 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree, and a minimum of 2 years of Systems Administration experience
- Active DoD Secret Clearance is required to start with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance
- 2 years of experience working with Linux & Windows computing systems.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment where multiple projects are being developed and deployed simultaneously.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change.
- Applicant must meet DoD 8570-1M requirements for Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 1 (e.g. Security CE or equivalent)
- Security Windows Server 2008/2012 with knowledge of domain controller
- Group Policies and active directory
- MicroSoft SQL
- WSUS server
- ePO server
- Group Policies
- Active Directory
- Active DOD Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Linux system administration
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top