Systems Administrator 4-19204
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Systems Administrator 4 for our Schriever Air Force Base, CO location.
Expert Linux Systems Administrator experienced in modern virtualized environment operations to include system architecture/design.Responsible to perform administration primarily of Linux RHEL 6 servers in a virtual environment using VMware ESXi and vCenter server as well as various Windows platforms to include Windows 10 and Windows Server 2008. Will perform security patch management, IAVA's, and STIG's. Work with security ISSO for reporting and verification utilizing tools like ACAS and SCAP. Will also maintain and configure an HBSS site on the policy Orchestrator server, running through daily battle-rhythm checks of systems in both a test and production environment. Will be responsible for loading and supporting required system software including: STK, Mat Lab and other GOTS (Government off the Shelf) Software. Will be required to coordinate efforts with Network Engineering and Project Management personnel to resolve Incident Requests and Engineering Change work orders. MDA event support and other duties as assigned. This position may occasionally be required to work extended and/or off-nominal hours. Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts and maintaining system documentation.
- MUST have an interim TS approved
- Bachelor's degree and15 years of experience.
- Experience designing physical servers, virtual servers, virtual environments or enterprise systems as well as data center virtualization management.
- Experience installing, configuring or troubleshooting Linux servers, workstations, and peripheral configurations in a VMWare virtualized environment.
- Experience developing, modifying or maintaining Active Directory (AD) structures.
- Experience creating procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Candidate must have good communication skills.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects and resources to meet high-demand objectives.
- Must be exceptional in a team environment with the ability to articulate technical terms and concepts to non-technical people.
- Security Certification
- Knowledge of the following software: ACAS, SCAP, STK, and Mat Lab
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top