Systems Administrator 4
Join our team in defining the future at our Ft. Belvoir, VA location. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Army Knowledge Online (AKO) program supporting over 1.5M users worldwide on what has been recognized as the world's largest intranet portal.
The Army has evolving and exciting new requirements to make its intranet more secure, modern, accessible, and capable. To meet these exciting opportunities, the Northrop Grumman AKO team needs a System Administrator.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide maintenance to all server infrastructure components and maintain a secure server configuration.
- Perform installation, upgrades, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and optimization across all AKO servers.
- Test and deploy all patches and changes required by Vulnerability Management System issuances (IAVAs, IAVBs, IAVMs, STIGs).
- Maintain a Linux and Solaris patch management repository and ensure updates are deployed to systems frequently
- Monitor enterprise operations, system configurations, utilization to maintain optimum health and performance across all AKO servers.
- Identify and resolve server problems in coordination with the service desk as required.
- Coordinate with third-party vendors, and technology providers to troubleshoot and perform operations activities.
- Provide IA system validation and assessments.
- Provide logical connectivity diagrams for all AKO servers.
- Maintain plans, designs, and architecture documentation for all AKO servers.
- Maintain the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to support server operations and administration.
- Support the Certification and Accreditation (C&A) documentation for all AKO servers.
- Maintain the Configuration Management (CM) and change control documentation for all AKO servers.
- Review and provide recommendations to improve processes and procedures.
- Monitor utilization requirements and conduct planning to ensure appropriate resource capacity management.
- Provide ad-hoc reports as required.
- Participate in training and knowledge transfer as required.
Must possess a minimum of 10 Years' experience with Bachelor's degree in an engineering field or 7 years with a Master's degree.
- Must have experience with administration of any of the following:
o RedHat Enterprise Linux operating system
o VMware vSphere/ESXi hypervisor
o Installation and maintenance of LINUX/UNIX software
Must have experience with managing and maintaining cloud or virtual machines.
Must have experience with system capacity analysis, planning, and implementation methods.
Must have experience with shell scripting languages.
Must have experience with obtaining and maintaining systems accreditations.
Must have CompTIA Security or equivalent certification.
Must possess an active/current SECRET clearance or at least an active/current Interim Secret Clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Red Hat Certified System Administrator certification equivalent or higher.
VMware Certified Professional certification.
- Experience in implementing scripting automation/orchestration tools.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top