Systems Administrator 4
Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference for our customers? Do you want to be part of an inclusive, collaborative, and agile team? If so, there is a future for you to support a highly visible and strategic program at Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Virginia Integration Center (VIC) is seeking a System Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The position will be located in Fairfax, VA. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and skills related to System Administration activities, including architecture design/development, system/software development life-cycles, and information technology applications. He/She must be able to devise solutions to complex problems and work with minimal direction or oversight. The candidate must be able to determine how his/her tasks fit within the overall objectives of the program and must perform his/her work in accordance with these objectives. The selected candidate will be expected to engage with company leadership, external business partners, and customers, as required to communicate technical information regarding the program.
The candidate will support a geographically distributed team and will be responsible for (at minimum) the following tasks:
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems. Monitor and track trouble tickets and changes requests to ensure high quality customer service.
- Collaborates with engineers, project managers, users, and InfoSec stakeholders to determine current/future needs/requirements.
- Ensures data integrity by evaluating vendor products, proposing, implementing and maintaining software and hardware solutions.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use and maintenance of computing resources.
- Performs weekly audits as directed by the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO).
- Supports the integration and test of hardware, software, subsystems, and systems in a test environment.
- Recommends and implements system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system; including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Creation and maintenance of administrator and user accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space, providing backup recovery.
The positions are normally day shift hours, but there will be periods where off hours work will be required. The Candidate will be required to be part of an on-call rotation.
- Nine years of professional experience with a bachelor's degree, or 13 years without a degree.
- Experience installing, configuring, patching, IA/Security hardening and tuning enterprise-level variants of Windows and/or Linux systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience building large, integrated hardware systems from bare metal (racking, cabling, powering, initializing).
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with virtualization technologies, including VMware and GPU-based applications within a virtualized environment.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills, along with the ability to work well within a team environment. Exceptional attention to detail & strong troubleshooting skills.
- U.S. Citizenship required. An active TS/SCI clearance based on current SSBI (within 5 years) and a polygraph are required for this position.
- Experience with Windows Active Directory administration.
- Industry certifications, such as Security and/or Microsoft Windows Server certifications.
- Experience with Network configuration and troubleshooting, to include routing, access lists, firewalls, and load balancers.
- Experience designing/developing service architectures that are able to integrate legacy system components with more modern day applications and security requirements.
- Experience with basic programming/scripting languages such as, Python, and/or PowerShell/bash scripting.
- Familiarity with Nagios, ClearQuest, ClearCase, Oracle, MySQL, and SharePoint, or related applications.
- Experience with Network Backup Applications and Storage devices (e.g., Comm Vault, Oracle ZFS NAS, NetApp) and associated data distribution frameworks (e.g., Hadoop).
- Experience with Wide-Area networks (WANs), Local-Area networks (LANs), TCP/IP, DNS, NIS, Active Directory, Apache Tomcat or other web application servers.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top