Systems Administrator 4
At Northrop Grumman, innovation isn't just an idea---it's a way of life. Our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Windows Systems Administrator to become part of Northrop Grumman's organization supporting the Army Analytics Group's Research Facilitation Laboratory located in Monterey, California. The team conducts a variety of research studies and supports data analytics efforts for clients across the Army, Office of the Secretary of Defense and greater DoD, conducting high-quality research with practical real-world implications. The team works primarily within a data environment that houses a wealth of administrative, personnel, survey, and medical data (i.e., big data) on extremely large populations. Projects generally focus on resilience, health, and readiness among military service members, and include population-based studies, machine learning projects, visual analytics platforms, measurement analysis, and pilot program evaluations.
TheWindows Systems Administratorwill:
- Administer Windows Server environments
- Support Active Directory
- Lead Windows system efforts
- Troubleshoot complex IT system issues
- Create and maintain system documentation including procedures, policies, plans
- Work closely with cyber security team to maintain compliance with DoD security requirements
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or related major and a minimum of10 years experience in a systems operations position. (An additional 4 years of applicable experience may be considered in lieu of completed degree)
- Windows 2008R2 and newer Administration/configuration experience
- WSUS Patch Management experience
- DNS administration and configuration
- Experience configuring and applying security settings to IT systems
- Excellent and well founded, written and oral communication skills are absolutely essential
- Ability to maintain DoD Secret clearance
US Citizenship is required in order to obtain and maintain security clearance
- DoD 8570 Certification in primary OS (Windows, Linux, VMware, Cisco, etc.)
- Current CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Experience with DoD security certification and accreditation is highly preferred
- Experience with Army Gold Master
- Experience following DoD security guidance for securing IT systems
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience with military/government
- Experience with Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop
- Experience with Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top