Systems Administrator 3-19377
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Systems Administrator for our Schriever Air Force Base, CO location.
Mission Response Team (MRT) Client Support Systems Administrator (CSA) to support the Ballistic Missile Defense System Support (BMDSS) Organization on the JRDC program at Schriever AFB, CO.The MRT CSA supports a wide variety of customers including MDA/BCX, BNOSC, JFCC-IMD and GMD. Primary efforts are the execution of customer project Requests for Service (RFS). These RFSs include the planning and execution of small, immediate customer-directed projects on tight deadlines to sustain life-cycle activities associated with MS Windows workstations and servers and various other information technology-oriented projects. Additional requirements include IT break/fix for users in response to Remedy Incidents and preventative maintenance activities as scheduled. Candidate must quickly adapt to new situations and short deadlines, work unsupervised at times and have a strong commitment to a team environment. Primary duty hours fall within the 0600-1800, Monday - Friday time period with occasional off shift, extended hours or weekend support requirements. On-call and occasional local travel is necessary to support customer requirements, troubleshooting, testing, and exercise support.
- Associate's degree and 2 years of experience or experience in lieu of a degree.
Experience in MS Windows 7, 8 or 10 desktop system administration and MS Office Pro suite within an MS Server 2008 or later Active Directory environment
- Firm understanding of related network protocols including Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Current CompTIA Security certification, or the ability to obtain within 120 days
- Ability to lift minimum of 35 lbs
- Active DoD Secret security clearance with ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret clearance.
- Experience with one or more of the following a plus: Server administration, Network administration, Storage system configuration, SMS/SCCM configuration, VMWare configuration/administration, Remote administration, LINUX/UNIX familiarity, Use of the Remedy software action request system, Audio visual systems.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance.
- DoD and DISA Information Assurance programs
- Preferred certifications include: MCSE, A , Network
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top