Systems Administrator 3-19287
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Systems Administrator for our Schriever Air Force Base, CO location. The Server Systems Engineer specializing in the management and operations of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) systems in support of the Missile Defense Agency on the JRDC program.
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related technical discipline and 8 years of experience or Associates degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related technical discipline and 12 years of experience.
- Must have strong relevant skills in Linux (Red Hat Enterprise Linux5.x/6.x)
- Experience with centrally managed directory server design, best-practices, configuration & maintenance (NIS, IPA, DNS/LDAP/Kerberos). Understanding of automated OS installation and configuration of servers and workstations with tools like Kickstart
- Strong comprehension of TCP/IP networking
- Experience with Cisco ASA firewall, iptables and SELinux configuration and operation
- Familiarity with DIACAP and/or RMF accreditation of classified systems; NISPOM, DISASTIG, and ICD application
- CompTIA Security with CE certification
- Must have an active DoD Top Secret security clearance with SCI
- Essential qualifications for a successful candidate include an ability to quickly adapt to newsituations, a strong commitment to a team environment, a capacity to work with little supervisionand the willingness to learn new technologies.
- Knowledge of Host Based Security System (HBSS)agents and policies for Linux and Windows workstations and servers and also have Unix/Linuxprogramming knowledge; Bourne/Bash, python, Perl, etc.
- Ability to test, repair, and installnetwork cabling.
- Experience with Samba, CIFS, and NFS, especially with NetApp or similar NASsolutions. Familiarity with Linux/UNIX directory server integration with Windows environments.Familiarity with KVM environments.
- Familiarity with tools such as Kickstart, DHCP, and TFTP.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top