Systems Administrator 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Systems Administrator 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in McClellan/Sacramento, California. Put your years of experience into a future of excellence. The qualified applicant will directly support Northrop Grumman's Airborne SIGINT Operating Unit.
Systems Admin Roles and Responsibilities:
- Hardware/Software installation, performing systems configurations, strong skills creating automated scripts for installation/configuration and network administration in program development labs and at customer sites.
- System administrator duties such as patching systems, scanning systems for vulnerabilities (ACAS, NESSUS, SCAP and other related tools), hardening systems and applications to DISA STIG requirements, developing auditing strategies and participating in successful IS accreditations/inspections.
- Plan for and maintain development networks, storage, COTS upgrades, virus definitions and collaboration tools, create and maintain user accounts.
- This position requires the ability to support up to 70 users, maintain system configurations following CM process to include writing problem reports and working those problems through the CM development process to closure, prioritize user and management requests and implement network and cross platform solutions to problem reports and new installations.
- Responsible for network and computer security and testing strategies, system recovery, and system troubleshooting.
- Responsible for documentation of all aspects of various system installation and configuration efforts step-by-step.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment with engineering users, other systems administrators and computer/facility support organizations. Multi-tasking is a must along with good communications skills, both written and verbal.
- 6 years of relevant work experience (4 years with Bachelors in Systems Administration or related field, 2 years with Masters in Systems Administration or related field)
- Experience working with cross platform networks consisting of Unix, Linux and Windows Server 2008 or 2012
- Working knowledge of Active Directory forests, including root and child domains, Microsoft Exchange, Virtualized environments (VMWare -ESX) and VDI
- Must possess current Security Plus Certification with appropriate Computer Environment certifications (Linux, Windows, etc) in compliance with DOD Directive 8570.01 requirements
- Position requires a current Top Secret SCI Clearance with ability to obtain CI Poly
- Familiarity with ICD 503 Information Assurance (IA) processes for various USG classified networks
- CISSP certification is highly desirable
- Current CI Poly
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top