Systems Administrator 3
Northrop Grumman is seeking a System Administrator for a hands-on position in support of an operational customer. This position will be located on-site in a government customer facility at Schriever AFB, in Colorado Springs, CO. The position will require the ability to effectively work alongside software developers, testers, operations specialists throughout the full lifecycle development. This individual will be expected to install and configure entire operating environments from square one to fully functional, possibly including installing and configuring hardware, OS's, applications, databases, data files, and applying Security Technical Integration Guides (STIGs), and connecting and configuring networks.
- Provide as-needed engineering design solutions to address deficiencies, discrepancies or new requirements related to hardware and communication components
- Develop, propose, configure, maintain and troubleshoot network systems
- Lead and participate in projects involving the application of network and computer communication technology for both software applications and provide network technical design and support to allow distributed learning lesson/course completion synchronization.
- Support architectural trade studies and designing of engineering solutions
- Timely installation of IT systems, upgrades, and software. Prepares and maintains project plans associated with assigned technical efforts
- Provide real-time troubleshooting support to baseline issues
- Troubleshooting and administration / maintenance of mission computing systems
- Highly experienced installing and deploying production servers
- Perform system preventative maintenance services
- Provide on-call (24 hour) Ops support
- Provide hardware installation of procured COTS HW and SW
- Strong knowledge of Windows Servers, Windows Failover Clusters, Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, RAID, FTP and Load Balancers
- Hands on Juniper switch experience
- Hands on McAfee firewalls experience
- Hands-on experience with RedHat Linux
- Hands-on experience with virtualization technologies in a production environment (i.e. VMWare)
- Excellent problem solving, customer service and communication skills
- Active Security Certification
Must be able to obtain and maintain TS/SCI clearance
Active Top Secret clearance required
Prior experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining:
- Knowledge of and experience with Compute Cloud Services, Cloud and Managed Hosting such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Knowledge of and experience with Splunk or Solar Wiinds
- Knowledge of and experience with Pure Storage
- Knowledge of and experience with Hardware Wall Cross Domain Solution
- Knowledge of and experience with Scripting language
- Knowledge of and experience with Oracle
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top