Systems Administrator 3
Northrop Grumman is seeking a motivated professional to join our team as a Senior System Administrator. This position is located on Kirkland AFB, Albuquerque, NM.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Contract supporting the Department of Defense at Kirtland AFB, NM.
This position is responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. Recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. Identifies methods, solutions, and provides project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service to the customers of the department.
Candidate must have a CompTIA Security CE certification upon hire and obtain additional industry certifications related to the areas assigned within 6 months of employment to satisfy contract requirement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide senior level administration support of information systems for a diversified range of hardware and software technologies.
- Serve as a SME with a high level of functional competency with Microsoft Server 2008 R2/2012, Linux, and Microsoft workstation operating systems.
- Function as the team lead for vulnerability detection and mitigation using Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and patch management tools to ensure system compliancy and protection.
- Responsible for Storage Area Network (SAN) administration of multi-vendor, (HP, NetApp) storage devices on multiple networks.
- Provide architectural, operational, and future concept support for virtualization infrastructure, hypervisors, core management servers, virtualized servers, and storage requirements in a high availability, production environment.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of any scheduled jobs.
- Create, update, and maintain scripts using Windows Powershell, VBS, or other scripting languages for automation of administration tasks.
- Lead and participate in system and infrastructure development life cycle design, implementation, configuration, and deployment.
- Develop and maintain system documentation, operating procedures, network/system drawings, change requests, and continuity binders for areas assigned.
- Provide after-hours on-call support to customer units.
Must possess a Bachelor's degree. (note: additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirements)
Must possess a minimum of 6 years experience. (10 or more years combined between education and relevant experience).
Must possess or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance: Interim Secret clearance, at a minimum, is required to start.
- Must possess a minimum of 6 years of hands-on experience with:
o Microsoft/Linux servers,
o Storage Area Network (SAN) devices,
o Vmware vSphere virtualization
o Data backup, protection, and recovery solutions,
o Vulnerability scanning and mitigation
Must possess CompTIA Security Certification to start.
Must possess knowledge of scripting languages and operating systems.
Must be able to obtain any additional required industry certifications related to the areas assigned within 6 months of employment to satisfy contract requirement. (Example: Microsoft Server or UNIX certification).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Active Secret Security clearance
Associate' or higher degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other IT related degree.
Ability to plan, organize, and document complex system design activities and configure systems to be consistent with organizational policies./procedures.
- Communicate technical/complex information verbally and in writing.
5, Any of the following: Storage , VCP6-DCV, MCSA/E – Server 2008/12. SNCP, SCSP, CCNP(DC), BCNE.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top