Systems Administrator 2/3 (Jr/Mid) - (Ability to obtain clearanance)
Northrop Grumman Information Systems Sector is seeking a junior to mid-level Systems Administrator to work in the Herndon, Virginia area to support a government collaboration system that runs in an Amazon Web Services environment (AWS).
We require an experienced system administrator to manage the JIVE collaboration COTS and perform day-to-day system administration duties to include regular system and database backups, review of security scans and audit logs, review system health, and perform Linux OS patching and JIVE updates. The candidate will also be responsible for creating new user accounts within the JIVE COTS product and for maintaining the application's System Security Plan and System Administrator's Guide. Candidate will benefit from previous experience with intrusion detection and vulnerability scanning software like SNORT and Nessus. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to work independently and must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have a Secret or Top Secret clearance but consideration will be given to qualified candidates willing to obtain a US security clearance.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or level 3:
- Bachelor's Degree plus 3 years of related experience, Master's Degree plus 1 years of related experience, 7years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Bachelor's Degree plus 6 years of related experience, Master's Degree plus 4 years of related experience, 10 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- US Citizenship is required with a willingness to obtain a US security clearance.
- A minimum 1-2 years of experience with Unix, Linux and/or CENTOS systems administration.
- Experience with OS patching and upgrading COTS software.
- Postgres Database experience
- JIVE COTS knowledge/experience
- Experience with intrusion detection and vulnerability scanning tools
- Experience with AWS and cloud computing
- Active /Current Top Secret/SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top