Systems Administrator 2-19403
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Systems Administrator 2 for our Schriever Air Force Base, CO location.
IT Engineer to provide Mission Unique Equipment (MUE) support for the Ballistic Missile Defense System Support (BMDSS) Organization on the JRDC program at Schriever AFB, CO.The MUE Eng supports a wide variety of customers including MDA/BCX, MDNT, BNOSC, JFCC IMD and GMD. This support provides sustainment and break fix troubleshooting for SQL databases as well as Windows workstations, servers and storage platforms. Engineer supports the testing of system patches, customer request assessments, and minor IT project planning, design and implementation. Candidate must quickly adapt to new technologies, new situations, short deadlines, be able to work unsupervised and have a strong commitment to a team environment. Primary duty hours fall within the 0600-1800, Monday - Friday time period with occasional off shift, extended hours or weekend support requirements. Occasional local travel is necessary to support customer requirements and exercise support.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience or Associates degree and 9 years of experience.
- Administration skills in management of SQL Databases
- Administration skills in MS Windows 7 and/or 10, MS Server 2008 and/or 2012
- Experience with administration of Virtualization platforms, and storage appliances configuration
- Sound understanding of Active Directory, Group Policies, Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Domain Name System (DNS), and Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP)
- Experience with testing and implementation of Security required patches
- Ability to analyze data and prepare resulting info for use in design recommendations, executive summaries and customers /management briefings
- Experience developing operating instructions and procedures for system and maintenance activities
- Current CompTIA Security certification, or the ability to obtain within 120 days
- Ability to lift minimum of 35 lbs
- Active DoD Secret clearance with ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance.
- VMWare 5.5 (or later) administration
- Network administration• NetApp Storage Appliance administration
- ClearCube Architecture
- SMS/SCCM configuration
- LINUX/UNIX familiarity
- Remote administration
- Use of the Remedy software action request systems
- Audio visual systems
- Blackberry communication devices
- Information Assurance configurations
- DoD and DISA Information Assurance programs
- Experience giving scheduled/unscheduled briefings before management or customers
- Preferred certifications include: MCSE, A , Network
- Current DoD Top Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top