Systems Administrator 2
Join our team in defining the future at our Ft. Belvoir, VA location. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Army Knowledge Online (AKO) program supporting over 1.5M users worldwide on what has been recognized as the world's largest intranet portal.
The Army has evolving and exciting new requirements to make its intranet more secure, modern, accessible, and capable. To meet these exciting opportunities, the Northrop Grumman AKO team needs a System Administrator.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide maintenance to all server infrastructure components and maintain a secure server configuration.
- Perform installation, upgrades, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and optimization across all AKO servers.
- Test and deploy all patches and changes required by Vulnerability Management System issuances (IAVAs, IAVBs, IAVMs, STIGs).
- Monitor enterprise operations, system configurations, utilization to maintain optimum health and performance across all AKO servers.
- Support Identification and resolution of server problems in coordination with the service desk as required.
- Coordinate with third-party vendors, and technology providers to troubleshoot and perform operations activities.
- Maintain the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to support server operations and administration.
- Support the Certification and Accreditation (C&A) documentation for all AKO servers.
- Utilize processes and procedures and provide recommendations to improve.
- Monitor utilization requirements and conduct planning to ensure appropriate resource capacity management.
- Provide ad-hoc reports as required.
Must possess a minimum of 3 Years' experience with a Bachelor's in an engineering field or 1 Year with a Master's degree. Additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirements. (combined total of 7 yrs or more between education and relevant experience)
- Must have experience with any of the following:
o RedHat Enterprise Linux operating system
o VMware vSphere/ESXi hypervisor
o Installation and maintenance of LINUX/UNIX software
o Microsoft Server and Workstation
Must have an understanding of system capacity analysis, planning, and implementation methods.
Must have basics of experience with shell scripting languages.
Must have CompTIA Security or equivalent certification.
Must possess or be able to obtain an active/current SECRET clearance. (an Interim Secret Clearance is required to start)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Red Hat Certified System Administrator certification equivalent or higher.
VMware Certified Professional certification.
Strong oral presentation and written communication skills for providing documentation to customers.
Strong understanding of basic networking.
- Strong research capability to support issue resolution
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top