Systems Administrator 2
The Northrop Grumman team will provide system administration of secure desktop and server systems. This support includes: desktop system management, account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation and maintenance, and network system administration. The system administrator will isolate and resolve complex software problems involving both at the application and the operating system level.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to generally accepted system administration tasks such as user management (creation, support, and deletion of user accounts), software installation, workstation/server monitoring, server backup operations, operating system, and application troubleshooting, and computer security for all operating systems in use within the program.
- Must have a BS in computer science or equivalent.
- Must have current certified Information Assurance Level II or III with Linux. One of the following will be required: commercial certification or a certificate of completion for LX0-101 and LX0-102 (in lieu of commercial certification, a certificate of completion is accceptable from an authorized training course)
- Must have at least four (4) years of experience with Unix/Linux system administration.
- Must have at least four (4) years of experience with DHCP, DNS, and maintaining DoD STIG Compliance.
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience in security and network/distributed computing concepts, BASH and shell scripting.
- Must have at least two (2) years of demonstrated development experience supporting a tailored agile development model. The tailored agile development model used must be consistent with the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI).
- Must have current and active TS/SCI clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top