Systems Administrator 2
- Provide support for various non-recurring specialized and/or special needs unclassified support requirements, such as legacy environment resurrection, support of limited accessed environments consulting, design recommendations, etc.
- Provide administrative and technical support for F-35 and Enterprise/Sector applications to include but not limited to technical applications, compute engine, software license management/control, technical publications, logistics, web, disaster recovery and other information services required by the Program.
- Performance to be as directed and/or prioritized by F-35 Program ITM or ITPD, with monthly activity summary reports to include issues, concerns, problems, as well as support demand changes / projections.
- Complete tasks to campus SLA targets.
- Palmdale (onsite), Moss Point (remote) Extended Technical Server Administration.
- Provide server hardware and software support for F-35 needs to include but not limited to services outside of DCS scope, as well as refresh services, data center services, disaster recovery, high availability assurance with on-Site business hours support and off-hours on-call basis.
- Support for various lab servers, as well as select and/or legacy systems requested by the F-35 ITM with on-Site business hours support 24x7 and off hours on-call basis.
- Develop and maintain processes, procedures and scripts specific for the Site. Performance to be as directed and/or prioritized by F-35 ITM or ITPD, with monthly activity summary reports to include issues, concerns, problems, as well as support demand changes / projections.
- Complete tasks to one hour SLA on request (no help desk tickets).
- F-35 Manufacturing Initiatives / Consulting - Provide support for short-term, non-recurring Site initiatives with monthly activity summary reports as requested, directed and/or prioritized by F-35 ITM , ITPD or delegate. Provide information technology consulting services to the Site in support of proposals, legacy environments, new environment requirements analysis, solutions architecting, liaison, information recovery, etc.
- Performance to be as requested, directed and/or prioritized by F-35 ITM, ITPD or delegate, with monthly activity summary reports. Complete tasks to one hour SLA on request (no tickets). F-35 Manufacturing Storage Administration - Provide hardware / software administration and technical support for Site private network storage services (direct attached, SAN, etc.) and initiatives to include but not limited to life cycle management, extended file security administration, file system creation & configuration, special backups/restores, special off-Site storage handling (non-IT DCO/RAM systems), as well as disaster recovery ensuring high availability with on-Site business hours support and off-hours on-call.
- Performance to be as directed and/or prioritized by F-35 ITM or ITPD, with monthly activity summary reports to include issues, concerns, problems, as well as support demand changes / projections.
- Complete tasks to one hour SLA on request (no tickets). F-35 Manufacturing Provide support for various non-recurring Site projects, initiatives, server refreshes, and environment standup, as requested by the Site ITPD or delegate. Performance to be as directed and/or prioritized by F-35 ITM or ITPD, with formalized project schedules, estimates, monthly reporting, Quad Charts, PMRs, etc.
- Complete tasks to F-35 project targets.
- Bachelor's degree with 3 years of server administration experience or master's degree with 1 years of server administration experience.
- Willing to work occasional non-standard hours including evenings and weekends.
- Must possess junior level system administration skills with Windows Server OS specific experience.
- Must be able to install or rebuild servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories and storage in accordance with set standards and compliance requirements.
- Must have working knowledge of SAN devices and have experience with an enterprise level backup solution.
- Must have experience with network connectivity testing (i.e. PING, NSLOOKUP, TRACE ROUTE, etc.) and must have solid understanding of networking and distributed computing environment concepts.
- Must be able to work remotely and independently with only general direction from management and work as part of a national systems administration team.
- Must be able to follow established policies and procedures to maintain system security and compliance.
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and focused on achieving results that can be demonstrated through periodically run metrics and reports.
- Must be able to support customer problem resolution, assist with remediation of system and hardware failures and participate in planning, testing and roll out of new solutions.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top