Systems Administrator 2 (17-019)
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Systems Administrator to help support the C2BMC Command Center (CCC). This position is located at Schriever AB, in Colorado Springs and is part of the Theater Deployment Systems (TDS) O&M team performing 24×7 site operations and maintenance on Temporary Duty (TDY) at a moments notice.
- Trips may be for a few days or up to 90 days at CONUS and OCONUS locations around the world.
- Candidate must be flexible with travel.
- Successful candidates will operate and maintain Windows, Unix, Networks, Communications, Crypto systems and equipment.
- Candidate will have Crypto Responsible Officer (CRO) responsibilities.
- When not deployed, candidate will support 24×7 shifts as a Computer Operations Support Analyst, NetDefender, Network Monitoring Analyst and/or Level 2 in the C2BMC Command Center (CCC) at the MDIOC.
- During MDA test events, candidate will deploy and install C2BMC systems to field sites and perform Operations and Maintenance, this includes setup of communication shelters perform preventative maintenance of Computer Hardware, Software and all associated equipment.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 3 years of professional experience.
- Position is based out of Colorado Springs, however extensive travel of up to 95% can be expected.
- Desired Skills: – Working knowledge of the Air Defense Systems Integrator (ADSI)
- Basic understanding of TADIL J (Link 16)
- Knowledge of NSITE equipment
- Ability/willingness to perform maintenance on Air Conditioning and possibly Generator units
- Candidate should have a thorough understanding of Systems/Network Administration in an Operations & Maintenance environment, to include UNIX, Linux, Windows and Cisco IOS.
- Experience problem solving and troubleshooting complex, distributed DoD systems with the ability to perform/support software and hardware upgrades and installs.
- The ability to troubleshoot and repair hardware failures down to the LRU.
- Ability to configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Cisco network equipment such as routers and switches.
- General familiarity of STE, Secure Phone use and configuration.
- Ability to maintain Firewall and Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
- Working knowledge of Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN)
- Ability to operate/update encryption devices, (KG-175)
- Ability to perform COMSEC Responsible Officer (CRO) functions as required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top