Systems Administrator 1
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Linux/Unix System Administrator to help support a program located in Aurora, CO.
The system administrator is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. This individual will support a group of maintenance Software Engineers and their development
and production environments. The Linux/Unix Systems Administrator 1 will help engineer upgrades to the current infrastructure, maintain all computer operating systems to current patch levels, install products as needed and perform
security hardening of systems. Interact with networking and database engineers. Growth opportunities exist with future efforts to virtualize the current infrastructure. Ability to troubleshoot problems via a console on a server or workstation sufficient to have a support group make repairs is required. Knowledge of scripting and the ability to restore a computer from disks or backups is also needed.
- An active TS/SCI security clearance or the ability to obtain one
- BS within a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics discipline from an accredited college with 0-3 years' relevant experience performing Linux and/or Unix Systems administrator duties, or 4 years' experience performing Linux and/or Unix Systems administrator duties in lieu of a degree
- Experience with administering Red Hat Linux or Unix based PCs.
- Must be able to physically install, move, and uninstall equipment.
- Applicant must meet DOD 8570-1M requirements for commercial certification (e.g., A , Network and/or Security ) as an Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 1 or higher before starting employment. Applicants without an IAT Level 1 or certification may still be eligible for a contingency offer.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be willing and able to Provide 24x7 support (including weekends and holidays)
- Must be willing to take a polygraph.
- An active TS/SCI with Polygraph (Polygraph within the last 4 years)
- Have Solaris, Unix/Linux and Cisco operating systems experience working with network administration and firewalls.
- Must understand how to physically install, move and uninstall equipment.
- Understanding of hardware and software RAID building and configuration is desirable.
- Ability to install software packages and patches.
- Perform OS tuning, understand networking, perform user management, and perform security hardening, review OS logs
as needed and perform system backups.
- The successful candidate will have experience with scripting, particularly in shell scripting. Any experience with SH and
CSH variants, Korn shell would be helpful.
- Basic understanding of PC hardware and peripherals, knowledge of networking, and familiar with network hardware and
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top