Systems Administrator 1
System Administrator will provide 3rd shift (~23:00 – 08:00) to a large scale 24 × 7 computer facility. Candidate will provide user support, data integrity (backup/restore), system monitoring and troubleshooting. Candidate will need to be a computer system privileged user in order to perform basic functions such as password recover and system restarts. Candidate will ensure facility environment (HVAC, power, light, etc.) operates in a nominal state. Candidate will build and configure racks of equipment (networks and servers) and deploy workstations. Must be able to lift 20lbs and pull cables under raised floor.
- BS/ BA in Math/ Computer Science/ Engineering; experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Security Certification
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance
- Knowledge of system administration processes and concepts
- Experience with discrepancy/ problem reporting management
- Knowledge of networking and computer security processes
- Experience working with vendors and facilities personnel
- Help Desk experience
- Works well in a team environment and able to work independently with little supervision
- Able to multitask
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Current Active SSBI or Top Secret clearance preferred
- Basic Linux and Windows experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top